Chess is back for now. and there are several things coming up
- Monday October 19 is round 2 of the Club Champs
- Saturday October 24 – Monday October 26 is the Merv Morrison tournament being held at the Club during the holiday weekend
- No Chess on Monday evening October 25
- Sunday November 1st is the Junior Interclub, Please sign up if you are interested in playing
- Monday November 2 is round 3 of the Club Champs
- Sunday November 8 will be the last round of the B Grade Interclub
- Interclub Lighting Teams will be held on Sunday November 15th.
Of the above
- The Merv Morrison is accepting entries, enter online or with Mike Steadman
- Junior Interclub is looking for plays, signup or contact Simon Lyall
- The Blitz Interclub is looking for players (Open and Under-1800) to play.
Club Champs Round 1
A number of players had to withdraw from the tournament (mainly due to exams) while several others did not turn up to round 1. Hopefully things will settle down for round 2.
With the wide gap between players there were only two upsets in the first round. Also Grayson Po’e-Tofaeono had Nathan Goodhue under pressure for some time, but Nathan was able to survive and win.
Lucas Xiao drew with Richard Taylor
Michael Ma drew with Anderson Chen