With the spread of Covid19 overseas, it is increasingly likely that it will be spreading in Auckland before the end of March.
To ensure the safety of our members and their families, we have decided to cancel the March 16 and March 23 Monday night Chess.
Please check the club website and Facebook page regularly for updates. We will post news there.
We will be creating fields and entries for the Autumn Rapid and Autumn Cup in case these go ahead. We are also looking at options for online games. The remaining two rounds of the Summer Cup may be played later or we may reduce it to five rounds.
Updated Guidelines for Playing Nights
We have the following additional guidelines for when Club Nights restart.
A reminder that players can request half-point byes for any reason. Please text Simon on 021 575 233.
We would ask the following not to come to the club:
- People who have been outside New Zealand in the last two weeks
- People who are in close contact with somebody who has been outside New Zealand in the last two weeks
- People who are ill with Colds, Cough, Runny Nose, Flu or other infectious illness
- People with compromised immune systems
At the Club
- We will be working to add more soap and other cleaning options.
- Players should wash their hands with soap regularly, especially after using the toilet.
- Players should reduce direct physical contact, including no handshakes at the start of games.
- Players can wear masks to reduce risk of picking up an infection. But if you are sick yourself you should stay home.