Due to the George Trundle Masters tournament round 3 was a little disrupted. Many players in A,B and C grade postponed their games. We also had school holidays so several players in D grade missed nights.
Please note that if you don’t turn up for one round without calling ahead you get zero points for that round and I’ll assume you won’t be turning up for the next round unless I hear from you.
For Players in A-C grade please discuss with Simon Lyall if you want to catchup missed games or otherwise score them.
Results from rounds 3 and 4
Alex Nagorski has produced pgns for these rounds:
- In round 3 only 2 games were played with Alexei Kulashko beating Nathan Goodhue and Alphaeus Ang beating John Duneas in a more even match.
- Alexei is in 1st place on 3.5 although other players have games not played.
- Brett Rider’s unusual opening against Tim Ha in round 3 was interesting
- A “distracted” Brett Rider lost to Paul MacDonald in round 4.
- Allen Fan is in the lead on 3 points with a game in hand.
- Nicole Qin was lucky to escape in round 3 after Sergiy missed a mate and in the later stages of the game was a little ahead before the game was drawn.
- Seifi Pouya is ahead on 3.5 points with 3 other players on 3 points.
- Top place Eric Wu had draws in round 3 and 4 to leave Temu in 1st place.
- Further down the field the large number of byes makes things a little confusing.
The Vega website for the tournament is
As of Thursday Night byes for Round 5 in D Grade:
- Caroline Yan
- Kate Song
- Sarah Yan
- Olivia Dong
- Eric Liang
- Winston Weng
- Kumar Puneet
If you are unable to play please contact Simon Lyall either via text (021 575 233) or email to contact @ aucklandchess.nz . Normally you will get a half point bye. Please let us know as early as possible.
The draft draw for D grade is below. Please remember that this may change if there are additional byes