Once again a reminder to text or call if you can’t play. It means we can schedule you for a half point bye rather than you getting zero points and somebody having to wait around but not get a game.
Results from this week
- Once again there was a draw on board one of A-Grade. John Duneas managed to to covert a R+P vs B+P endgame against Ben Hague into a winning K+P vs K position but forgot his endgame theory at the critical moment and let Ben get away with a draw.
- Further down the field Paul Macdonad was (I’m told) lucky to get a draw against Caroline Yan.
- Over White had a good day in the A grade with 10 wins, 1 default win, 3 draws and 4 losses.
- There are now only two players in A Grade with perfect scores (Mike Steadman and Bruce Watson) but there are another 4 rated 2200+ just behind them on 2.5.
- There are now 3 players in B Grade on 3 points plus 1 more on 2.5
- Upset this week included Xinyang Liu beating Gaurav Pahuja , Ying Wang drawing against Pavlo Chudinov and Selena Hu beating Hugh Gao
The Vega website for the tournament is
As of Wednesday the byes for round 4 are:
- Saasha Ghadiali
- Renae Ghadiali
- Rashit Patel
If you are unable to play please contact Simon Lyall either via text (021 575 233) or email to contact @ aucklandchess.nz . Normally you will get a half point bye. Please let us know as early as possible.
The draft draw for both grades is below. Please remember that this may change if there are additional byes